Commitment to education allows this woman to teach her son at her market stall
CENTAL’s commitment to education is unequivocal. That is why we established the Coalition for Transparency and Accountability in Education (COTAE), which has become a proactive actor in Liberia’s education sector. The coalition comprise of five organizations: The Center for Transparency and Accountability in Liberia (CENTAL), Liberia Economic Journalists Association (LEJA), Federation of Liberian Youths (FLY), Child Steps International and AIESEC Liberia.
Overview of the Coalition membership. Members are selected based on their track records, capacities, and vested interest in the education sector.
- CENTAL, the national chapter of Transparency International, has a credible track record in advocacy for public integrity and brings on board wealth of experience in accountability and transparency works. CENTAL is As lead organization.
- LEJA serves as the media and publicity arm of the Coalition. With member working in credible media entities, the organization is comprised of experienced journalists who report on social-economic issues in Liberia.
- FLY is the umbrella organization for youths and students in Liberia. It is charged with the responsibility of organizing and coordinating the activities of the youth population of Liberia. Their experience in working with youth related issues is an added advantage for the coalition.
- Child Steps International is a nonprofit organization dedicated to solving the problems faced by the world’s most vulnerable children and their families.
- AIESEC International is an international platform for young people to explore and develop their leadership potential, so as to have peace and full our full potential